Carbon4PUR is highly ambitious with respect to scientific knowledge, industrial advancement, and environmental and social impacts.
- Carbon4PUR is developing knowledge and will demonstrate an innovative technology for the production of value added chemicals derived from flue gas streams.
- Carbon4PUR will help the EU process industry to reduce its dependency on imports of petrochemicals resources and to provide a secure supply of carbon feedstock.
- Carbon4PUR will contribute significantly to the reduction of the GHG emissions.
- Carbon4PUR will increase the industrial competitiveness from the adoption of a novel production process of added-value chemicals.
- Carbon4PUR will contribute to the creation of new employment and job security in the EU industry.
- Carbon4PUR is contributing to Industrial Symbiosis.
 Industrial Symbiosis is referred to the synergistic exchange of waste, by-products, water and energy between individual companies. The contribution of Industrial Symbiosis to EU sustainable economy and resource efficiency is recognized in The Roadmap to a Resource Efficient Europe (COM(2011)571), which points out that improving the reuse of raw materials through greater ‘Industrial Symbiosis’ could save EUR 1.4 billion a year across the EU and generate EUR 1.6 billion in sales.